Record Reign Hall was built in 1897 to commemorate the diamond jubilee of the accession of Queen Victoria to the throne.
Cnr Derwent Street and St John's Road
LOOKING AROUND: Record Reign Hall and horse trough
St John’s Parish Hall, on the corner of Derwent Street, is also called Record Reign Hall as it was built in 1897 to commemorate the diamond jubilee of the accession of Queen Victoria to the throne. Designed by Edward Halloran, its elegant wrought iron balcony and the Queen Victoria plaque suggest art nouveau influence, rare in Glebe. Of similar period is the Glebe Fire Station opposite, built in 1906.
Also notice the horse trough near the corner of Glebe Point Road. It is a reminder of the time when horses were a common sight in Glebe, with stables in various parts of the suburb.